Saturday, July 2, 2011

Eep!

It has been crazy around here. Connor is 21 weeks, and I as a first time mom freak out – a lot. (Do repeat moms do this?) He is fake coughing (it’s easy to tell and pretty cute,) and laughing and talking a lot more than he had previously. However he is also wanted a little more attention that usual. Not that I ignore my kid, but previously he would want to go in his swing or bouncy seat and this week he just wants to be by Mama and Daddy just won’t do. This makes it especially hard since I have finals for two of my classes this week which means that I have three papers to write. What fun. I thought I would enjoy my humanities class. It is about media and culture, but it stinks. I don’t find it useful and I am not sure it is relevant. I really do not feel like I have learned anything in that class. It is sad, and a waste of money. It would have been nice if I had been given the option of choosing my electives. Alas that is not the way it was meant to be. Next week I start up a psychology class and another humanities class this time it’s critical and creative thinking. Hopefully it will be better. Here is the class description: “This course focuses on developing the critical and creative thinking skills necessary to analyze and solve problems, make decisions, implement strategies, and formulate well supported points of view on key academic, social, and professional issues. The principles of creative thinking are essential to critical thinking skills. Students will learn how to evaluate their ideas and how to communicate their points of view persuasively.” After reading it it sounds lame, but here’s hoping.On the bright side, it looks like I get rid of a lot of the students I have been in class with that seem to get on my nerves. Call me mean, but it really ruffles my feathers when an adult in college can not get the difference between to and too, and can never capitalize the letter I. I know my grammar isn’t perfect, but at least I have the basics down.

 

So enough complaining. I want to tell you about something very very nice. I was goofing off on facebook instead of writing my papers and I came across this on the Generations of Savings facebook page. http://generationsofsavings.blogspot.com/2011/06/ky-intimacy-experiment-giveaway.html?spref=fb They are giving away a KY intimacy kit. This sounds so amazing. Seriously. I think it’s about time we get things back to steamy in our bedroom. C is almost big enough to sleep in his own room. (He’s only got a couple inches of space in his bassinet and he keeps wiggling his way down to the bottom so that his but is touching the bottom and his feet are in the air; plus call me selfish and cruel, but Mommy want some grown up time.) Now this giveaway is only open to bloggers so I barely count, but if you blog you should enter. Oh and for the freebie of the day we have….. oh yeah that was it. Smile with tongue out It is really slow on the freebie front this weekend. I will make up for it next time with more posts. Oh! I almost forgot! There is another contest on over at OMG Scentsy. You can find out all of the details here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/OMG-Scents-Independent-Scentsy-Consultant/126816330684550 on her facebook page. She is the best rep ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment