Sunday, July 17, 2011

I’m Bad.

 

I was thinking about it, and I am a judgmental person. I can’t help it. I am one of those people who thinks poorly of other people. I try so hard to be open minded and I fail. It’s mostly about parenting though. I see a mother who chooses to give her child formula, and I think she should have tried harder. Let me clarify I am not talking about mothers who can not breastfeed due to medications, or supply issues. Just the mom’s who don’t want to because it’s “icky,” “too hard,” or just plain don’t want to. I don’t understand why they would not want to give their best effort to provide the best for their child. It drives me crazy. The strange thing is, I feel bad for feeling this way, but I can’t stop myself! I try so hard to be open minded but I just can’t on this topic. I just think why why why would you want to bring an amazing, precious and probably adorable little baby into this world and start out with second best? It just doesn’t make any sense to me!

Breastfeeding did not come easy for us, but we powered through and we have now been going almost 6 months with another 6 months minimum to come! Why? Because I want my son to always have the best. Even if it is hard for me to accomplish. My world isn’t about me anymore he comes first.

Another thing I judge parents on is the way they talk to their kids. I was at the park and there was a kid running around and playing, generally being a kid. His mom was sitting down and relaxing and the kid wanted to run around- I am pretty sure this is what kids are supposed to do at a park. He wasn’t being disruptive or anything; however his mom kept yelling at him. She wanted him to just sit there next to her. He wasn’t in trouble, they showed up after we did, she wanted to rest from their walk and he just wanted to play. It’s not just that his mom wanted him to sit down it was how she said it. She used bad language, and she yelled. She didn’t even start with asking nice or saying please. It wasn’t “J please sit down until I tell you it’s okay to go.” It was “J sit your ass down I didn’t tell you that you could get out of the stroller!” Seriously this kid was one, and the language just got worse from there. I wanted to say something to her but I bit my tongue. I just don’t get it.

 

The other thing that is kind of weird and I don’t know why I feel this way is taking your kid out in a diaper. Nothing but a diaper. It looks kind of trashy. Put a shirt on your kid at least! The sun is bad for your child’s skin, help protect it. Don’t be lame. I also have a problem with fat hairy shirtless men, but that doesn’t have anything to do with parenting. I guess I just think that unless you’re at a pool or in the privacy of your own home, doing yard work, or at the beach you should cover up. I guess I’m prude that way. But seriously and back on topic, dress your kids. Don’t be lazy, In private, let your kid walk around naked for all I care, but when you take your kid outside, at least give some appropriate cover from the elements.

 

Ok so that is it. I am judgey and I feel bad for it. Some things I just can’t make myself being open minded about. I suck.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment