Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Being Dad

 

 

I want to take a moment to talk about my husband James. He is such an amazing man. Let me start out by saying that he never thought he would get married and he didn’t want to have kids. Before we were married, I let him know that I wanted a child and if he didn’t I couldn’t marry him. He said he would have a kid.

When I found out I was pregnant it was the day before fathers day, so I waited a day and told him. The first words out of his mouth are “We are going to have to sell the house.” My heart sank. He tried to make up for it though, he went to Dr’s appointments with me, he helped around the house, and he didn’t make a big deal out of it when I lost my job. As my pregnancy progressed, he would feel the baby, he read the daddy books, (and passed on a lot of information about my pregnancy to me) and he even took a new dad class. After which he came home and showed me how to swaddle using the dog as a baby.

When Connor came in January I was a little worried. I think James was too. He has never been around little babies, I had to force him to hold his niece when she was born. However I now can not imagine a better dad. He is reading a newborn book, he passes on the information that he thinks important. He gets up in the morning with him so I can sleep a little longer on his mornings off. Two nights ago, he stayed up with him so I could sleep a little. He hold him and cuddles him, they play together (as much as a newborn can,) he bathes him, feeds him, and loves him. He does everything a daddy should do. I think it is so amazing looking over at them and seeing him smile at his son.

I can’t wait to see them grow together.

P1310003

No comments:

Post a Comment