Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Beautiful Days and Finger Paint

It has been beautiful here. Nice and warm, I love it. We got my little monkey a pool with a sprinkler attached and we have a hard time keeping him out of it. He loves water so much just like his mom and dad. I have been super busy as well, I just finished up some more finals, (I will have my degree in December!!!) I rearranged our kitchen, got rid of our living room set, and painted our bedroom. Now it is back to crafting for the little guy!

I have started making him some felt food and I got a cabinet that I am going to turn into a kitchen. Hopefully I can give him a kitchen with a fully stocked pantry for Christmas! I have found all kinds of tutorials for felt food, it is so amazing! I also have designs on some wool monster dolls and I even got some stuffing so keep an eye out for those coming up. Right now I am keeping it simple though.

I made the monkey some finger paints that are edible since everything goes to the mouth first.

I didn't take pictures while making this, but it was super easy. I do not remember where I got the recipe but it is not my own.

Finger Paints
3 Tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 Cup corn starch
2 Cups water

Combine ing in a small saucepan, warm until mixture thickens (about 5 minutes) cool and pour into containers, add food colors to create the colors you would like. I overfilled 5 jars, this probably could have done six if I had left a little more room in each jar. (I had some left in the pan too.)

I can't wait to let my monkey play with these and take some pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment