Wednesday, March 14, 2012

A little something delicious...

I love cooking! Let me say it again, I LOVE COOKING! Seriously. There is something about being in the kitchen, and making food for the people that I love that just lifts my spirits, I think about how wonderful I want it to be and how much I love my family and that I want them to enjoy the food that I put my time and energy into. My food always turns out well, which I think is why my husband prefers to eat in instead of going out to eat. This year I am currently brining my own corned beef. It is in the fridge as we speak, it has to set for 5 days in some salty seasoned water. I hope it turns out well. I will have to let you guys know. In the meantime... I made some amazing Indian food.

So today I am going to share with you Green Beans and Tofu Jalfrezi.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooke time: 20 minutes
Makes 4 servings as a main dish

Now don't be put off by the tofu, this is something that really freaks some people out. A lot of people have a bad experience with tofu and find it bland with a strange texture. Here are a couple of tips to help out your tofu. First freeze it. It really helps with the texture and makes it feel more "meaty" now don't do this for baking but for cooking it is great. Second squeeze the extra mositure out of your tofu. Grab soem papertowels, a cheese cloth or an extra rag and gently squish the extra moisture out of your tofu after it thaws. this makes it less watery and it helps it absorb flavor as your cooking as opposed to watering down your dish ans making the whole thing tasteless.


Ingredients:
1/2 pound fresh Green Beans ends snapped off
9 ounces firm tofu
1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
1 Jar Jalfrezi Curry Simmer Sauce (I use Patak's)
2 Tablespoons half and half (or soy milk if you are vegan)
1Tablespoon fresh cilantro
The ingredents

Squish out the water
Heat oil in the skillet, then add tofu cook two minutes
Cube the tofu

Add simmer sauce, and green beans simmer 20 minutes.
Add the half and half and cilantro. 
Serve over rice.
                                                                                   






No comments:

Post a Comment