Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Happy Holidays

So Christmas is over, and New Years is upon us.

We had a great Christmas, we kept it small C-man is only one so we didn't need a ton of stuff. Not that you ever need a ton of stuff, but as parents I think we tend to go overboard- a lot. I was proud of myself for keeping in my budget this holiday season. I think a big part of my success is that I shop all year long. When I see a good deal, I buy it and I keep it in my "gift center" (read: rusty old shelf in the basement) until the appropriate gift giving occasion arrives. I currently have stashed a huge my little pony sea castle thing for my niece they go for $40+ and I snagged it for $5 or $10 I honestly don't remember. This year I also saved cash by making gifts for my 4 nieces. I made them tutu's and they loved them. It was great. Not that the holidays are about gifts, it's just I love giving so it's a bonus for me.

Sunny was here too so that was fun. For those of you who don't know, Sunny was our exchange student a few years ago, he comes back for Christmas. It's nice to have him around, he's a good kid. (Even though he's 20 now.) He has a great sense of humor and he's always willing to help. Though he does kind of make me miss my early 20's when I didn't need the sleep I'm not getting now.

In other great news I will be starting off the new year in good spirits, my car will be fixed, I got a new car seat for the little man, and I am going to clean the house. Well that's the plan anyway. I got my craft stuff out of Connors room, and moved into the basement. Now I just have to reorganize. I got him a toy box for his room (not that he has much but now we have a place to put it.) He got a bunch of cars for Christmas so now we have a place to keep them. He got some cute plastic little tykes cars from his Great Grandpa (James's G-pa K) and some cook rubber Tonka trucks from his grandma (James's mom.) My brother sent him some little musical toy in hopes to annoy me, but he's going to have to do better- we have lots of musical toys. He asked my what the most annoying toy he could get was, but I'm not telling. I'm not going to mention it here because even though I am sure he doesn't read this, with my luck it would be his first time when I say what I don't want my kid to have.

I got a video camera for Christmas, so look forward to some cute videos of my cute kid. :D And that's all for today. Anyone out there have a new years resolution or do you skip them?


No comments:

Post a Comment