Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Review - Pamper Chef Grilling Basket

A couple of weeks ago, I had a disaster. Okay, not a real disaster, but a cooking disaster. I was outside taking advantage of the early Spring here in Wisconsin and grilling. I was making hamburgers and grilled pineapple for desert. I love grilled pineapple, and these burgers were fresh from Becks in Oshkosh, and so so good. Well as I am grilling everything is falling through the grill we lost a burger and some pineapple to the charcoal below. (Please don't talk to me about gas grilling, that is no way to grill, man up and get some charcoal!) It was awful, the lost pineapple brought a tear to my eye. Well I was talking to my friend Bonnie about this, and she agreed that it was horrible to lose such good food to the dangers of grilling. So she hooked me up with a very cool product from Pampered Chef, a grilling basket. My fruit and vegetables are now safe from the charcoal! This basket is so easy to use, and since it is flexible, you can fit just about anything in there! cut a half rack of ribs in half, put them in the basket and they won't fall apart, asparagus, pineapple, and what I am sharing pictures of today, grilled banana! (I should have taken pictures of the other stuff but we were too busy eating it!) All you do, is slide the locking ring down, open the basket, then close it and slide the ring back up to lock it in place, then you put the food on the grill. I love how it makes turning things on the grill so easy, and I can't wait to grill some fish with this. Just use a little cooking spray meant for the grill and the basket will help keep everything right where it should be, thanks to that ridge there isn't much sliding at all! So this is simple, you quarter a banana skin on longways (You end up with triangle pieces) Then you drizzle on a little honey followed by a sprinkle of cinnamon and nutmeg. Grill them for about 5 minutes per side, and serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
The completed desert.
The quartered unpeeled bananas.
The seasoned bananas on the grill in the awesome basket!
Don't over cook, they will just start to change colors and they are perfect!
Oh so a couple more things about this awesome basket: it's divided, this means that if I wanted to, I could cook different things on each side without the flavors mixing. It will also fit on most grills with the lid closed, (just not mine because it's round) These baskets, Sell for $31.50 and you can talk to Bonnie here to order yours, or come back Wednesday to enter to win one in the Savory Summer Giveaway!

I was provided a basket to review, but the opinions are my own. :)

1 comment: