Saturday, April 28, 2012

Baby Wearing

daddy

This is my hubby and my son, wearing a mama made (not by me) ring sling.

I love love love baby wearing. Even though my little guy is getting bigger, it is still so nice to be able to strap him on and be able to just go, hands free and cozy close. We are just starting to get into woven wraps and they can be a bit more complicated, and a little pricey they are so worth it. We took our son to the zoo, and we were able to unwrap him and use the wrap as a picnic blanket, then after we were done eating it also worked as a changing table. I love how versatile they are! I have two now! Anyway, we wrapped with a moby when my little guy was smaller, and it was so nice to have him close all the time, with the ability to do skin to skin after he came home. Now we have the linens and can wrap again! We also have some SSC’s (Soft Structured Carriers)We have a Pognae and a Boba. We love them both as well, they are a bit easier to use and have buckles, very daddy friendly since he doesn’t care much for wrapping. Then there is our ring sling, which is also very nice and convenient. Easy to just pop him in and out but it’s only one shoulder and better for quick trips into  the store. Over the next couple of weeks I am going to go into baby wearing a bit more and hopefully help some mamas find something that might be good for them, and help them know what isn’t so great to use, and why! Please know that I am not a certified baby wearing instructor, however I have done a ton of research and I want to help other mamas have this amazing closeness with their babies!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment