Thursday, September 15, 2011

We miss you.

 

Things change, people move on to something else or even out of this world. My Grandfather died the evening of July 3, my step-dad is taking it very hard. I can’t imagine losing my father. Either one of them. While my Grandpa didn’t become that for me until I was 14 or so, he was the only Grandfather I have ever known. My mother and fathers dads both passed away before I met them.

We drove down to Tulsa and attended a beautiful memorial service. People said wonderful things, we scattered his ashes in the water off a boat, and we remembered him. Not that we could ever forget.

It’s so strange having him gone. It didn’t really hit me until I was at my Grandmothers house it seemed almost empty without him there. I had just talked to Brian about them coming up for Thanksgiving before we got the news. I wanted Connor to meet his great grandparents. This was not how I wanted it to happen. Connor was so good with all of the time in the car going down there, he was a delight at the memorial service, he sat with Brian and his mom and just at the right time he looked up and grinned. He loved being on the boat and everyone remarked that it is obvious that he was Bill’s great grandson – no other baby would love the water that much. It was just amazing and wonderful. I don’t really know how to say this, I’m not sad that he died, it happens but I just miss him, that’s the part that hurts.

 

My mom wrote something from the family about the Tsa-La-Gi yacht club on her blog. She is more eloquent that I so here it is: http://pastysplace.blogspot.com/2011/09/tribute-of-thanks.html

No comments:

Post a Comment