Friday, May 10, 2013

Being accountable.

We all need to be accountable for the things in our life. We have been going through a tough transition in our lives and it is really hard to deal with. I have been dealing with a lot and I have had depression. With this depression I have let myself go and when I stepped on the scale the other day I almost cried. I have never been this heavy in my life. But crying doesn't fix things and I remembered the old quote (that I can't source sorry) "You don't drown by falling in water, you drown by staying there." It made me thing. Crying is not going to fix this problem, only I can fix this problem.
Diet and exercise baby.

It isn't going to be easy, and I am going to need motivation, but I am going to do it. I do not want to be this overweight unhappy person. My goal is not to be stick thin, my goal is to be healthy- which is something that I am not at this weight.

I am joining a weightloss group that charges by the pound if I loose weight, and the winner gets a pot of money at the end (how is that for added motivation?) Compition and money, I think I've got this. I am also making myself accountable to my readers. I know I have posted about weight loss before, and now I am getting serious about it. My diet is decent but it is by no means perfect and after our extra long winter this year I am not sure if I remember what exercise is like outside of the house, but I just got a new bike trailer for the little one and we are going to hit the roads. We have also been taking a lot of walks.

One thing that is esential to me is music. What are some of your favorite workout tunes? Is there a special one that you use to get yourself over that "hump" when you start to get tired?



No comments:

Post a Comment